Saturday, August 22, 2009

5 Leave-In Essentials for Your Hair




I found this really useful post about 5 leave-in essentials for your hair at Relaxed Hair Health.
  1. Distilled water
  2. Rosewater
  3. Silk Amino Acids (SAA)
  4. Coconut Oil
  5. Your Favorite Conditioner

I found this recipe to make your own rosewater. I wonder how long natural/homemade rosewater can be kept. When I was little I tried to make perfume by soaking rose petals in water in a jar in my closet for a couple weeks. When I opened it up - well let's just say it didn't smell like perfume.

Also, in an Oprah episode with Dr. Oz, Dr. Oz talked about either a shower head or filter for your shower head that you can buy at hardware stores to filter for your shower water, and said that it is one of the best investments you can ever make. You can either install it yourself or call maintenance to install it for you.

I'm thinking about doing that, but I don't know how receptive my apartment's maintenance will be to installing it for me. It's worth a try! I also have dry skin, super duper dry in the winter (ironic since my face is super oily), so I want to see if this will make a difference for my body as well as my hair.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought a shower filter this afternoon. I noticed a difference in my skin right away. Normally I get all dry and itchy after a shower but this time my skin feels so much better. It was definitely a great investement. I'll never look back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! What brand was it, where did you buy it, and how much did it cost?

    ReplyDelete