Saturday, August 15, 2009

Best and Worst Mattifiers


Best

1. Skinn Orchid Gel Mattefying Treatment
Mattified my oil well skin for a long time. And for that I give it mad props.





2. Runner Up: Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

Works well, especially if you only use a little bit.

3. Keeps Makeup Intact: Model in a Bottle
http://http//www.modelinabottle.com

I am listing this here because it is marketed as a mattifier. It did not mattify my skin, however it is wonderful at perserving makeup, especially eyeshadow. It worked much better at that than Urban Decay Priming Potion. My complaint is that after the first use it tipped over and the top some how got unscrewed, and 7/8 of the bottle ended up being spilled into my beauty basket. I think this is a design flaw in the bottle, and I was very upset that all my product got wasted because of it.

Worst

1. Benefit Dr. FeelGood Primer

Garbage. FAIL. I got this as a Sephora deluxe sample with my Beauty Insider points. This is the kind of product that makes me what to return it and ask for my points back. The fact that it was a balm should have been a heads up for me. Do better Benefit.
Actually I've never gotten something I actually really liked with my points. Hmm. Maybe it's the allure of a "free" gift which makes redeeming points exciting. But when I walk out, I stop to think, what that means I've actually spent another $100 here. Sigh.

2. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel

People rave about this brand. I don't care about the brand name. All I care about is that the product works. This doesn't. And for that it get a FAIL.

Which ones have you used and which did you like and dislike?

No comments:

Post a Comment