Thursday, August 20, 2009

Money Saving Tips

  1. Organization

    Keeping your place organizing obviously saves you from buying duplicates. However, I also organize my coupons and receipts. I have a a couple $1 divider files from Target. I use letter envelope size files for store receipts and coupons. The receipt really helps me because I am such a impulse buyer, especially when I'm stressed. Every one or two months or so, I go through it and put the old ones in a shoe box. After a while I throw the ones in the shoebox away.
  2. Expiration dates aren't always solid

    About every two weeks, I get a coupon from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for 20% of one item for something like $5 off $15. They have some nice, unique things, but are kinda pricey, so I really don't shop there like that. I always used to throw them out, but my friend told me that they accept them even if after they've expired. And they accept an unlimited amount of coupons at once. I went the other day and used about 7 of them at once!
    So if you have expired coupons to a store, just store them in your file until you are able to go to the store and ask if they will accept them. If they say no, then you can just throw them out then and there.



  3. Ask if they price match

    This is something I admittedly forget to do, probably because I don't shop for things like this often. However, at stores such as luggage stores and electronic stores, ask if they price match. Often they do. All you have to do is bring in a store ad or internet printout.



No comments:

Post a Comment