Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Facial Cleansing Routine for Super Oily Skin

Facial Cleansing Routine







Facial Cleanser: Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Oil-Control Foaming Gel Cleanser


I have oily skin. And when I say oily, I mean oily. So far this has been best at keeping my oil under control. I used to use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash, the Clinique Clarifing Lotion 2, and Clean and Clean Acne Control. I loved how it could give you that extra-tight "clean" feeling after you've used it, like you've just sucked everything out your pores and skin and felt a clean slate. However, 1-2 hours later, I'd be shining like a mug. Anywhoo, one day I ended up at the Estee Lauder counter, I think after reading the review on http://www.beauty.com/. The lady who helping me said that she had oily skin too. She opined that my regimin might be too stripping and cause my oil glands to go into overdrive and cause more of a problem. This product has definitely made a difference!



Toner: Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3



This.thing.works.wonders. I have been using this since I was in high school and starting breaking out. My mom used it and I began to and instantly cleared up. In fact, if I don't use this for more than two days, my skin starts to break out. It also just gives you this wonderful, cooling, tingling, refreshing feeling. It took a little while to get used to back in the day when I first started using it, because it was so intense it almost felt like stinging. But you won't feel that after say, a week of using it. Also, I wouldn't recommend using it on spots where there is broken skin or if you have just had a type of really rough exfoliation on your face. Otherwise, wash your face as you normally would, and then just dab a cotton ball (I prefer the triple size ones) and rub in circular motions on your face and neck. When you are done, you will be amazed at all the junk you can sometimes find on the cotton ball! And this is after you have washed your face! Even if you haven't been wearing makeup!





Moisturizer: Estee Lauder

So this is one place I am still not happy about. In college, I used to joke with my friends that I don't need facial moisturizers since my face was an oil factory! However, I know that it is important to balance out the face and prevent it from going into overdrive. It is just annoying to think that I am spending good money to minic something my skin does naturally. Divas, can you help me out with this one? What is a good oil-free moisturizer? I have tried Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion (I know it's not oil free, and it didn't work for me :) and Clinique Dramatically Different Gel, as well as a number of others.


Face Masque: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

Ok, I've only used this once so far. But I love it! I used to use this one I got at the supermarket, I will post the name later. I used it about once a month. It was ok, but the effects would only last, one to two days. I really don't like to see things in medicine cabinet that I don't use a lot, because they take up space and remind me of the money I wasted on them. However, it's been a couple of days since I used the Mint Julep Masque and my face is still a lot less oily. Old mask, you're fired!





Divas, please share your cleansing routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment